Time in Orenburg

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reasons to be Grateful for the Long Wait

Reasons to be Grateful; Or How I Tried Not to be so Bummed About the Long Wait
by Angela Peerman

  1. We've had lots of time to get the house ready. (Safety gates, beds, etc.)

  2. He's fairly well cared for there. Not perfect, sure, but better than I had expected before I saw it. (Enough food, some 1:1 care & stimulation, consistent & kindly caregivers.)

  3. He's happy there. He can't possibly understand all that is GOING to happen. It's going to be an adjustment for him, of course. And I'm sure he will be even more happy & fulfilled once he adjusts to life in our family. Meanwhile, it helps a lot to know that he's happy where he is. The wait would be much harder if I knew he were unhappy/not thriving there.

  4. We've had lots of time to enjoy each other as a family of three, even as we all happily anticipate becoming a family of four. (Amusement parks, trips to Grandma's house, even just playing & tickling).

  5. I'm simply grateful for this amazing, gorgeous, healthy little guy. He is worth waiting for!

  6. I'm grateful that everyone who is "close" to the situation wants this adoption to happen. I'm glad that there is a very low chance of disruption.

  7. I'm very grateful to be sharing this journey with Kris and Cerri. Yes, I'm moving into more general territory, not specifically related to The Wait. Well, focusing on the many aspects of this adoption that I have to be thankful about makes The Waiting easier.

  8. I'm grateful to friends & family who are also eager to become part of D's life and who have been very supportive throughout.

  9. I'm grateful to Kris & to my mom for making it possible for me to stay home & take care of our children for as long as they need me to. (Mom is being extremely helpful with the adoption expenses.)

  10. I'm grateful to his birth mother for choosing to give him a chance at life.

  11. I'm grateful to everyone who has been involved with caring for him and ultimately helping him find his Forever Family.

3 comments:

The Whites said...

We are hoping that things are moving along and you will have your newest addition soon. Life is crazy but wonderful in the "after" phase. ~ The Whites

AMIT said...

Thanks for sharing your personal life here.

Apostille info

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!